A one minute read: Good to know
Compression sportswear (shirts, shorts, sleeves, socks or underwear) is usually worn by athletes who wish to enhance performance or recovery speed. Garments are form-fitting garments often made from a spandex-type material.
Compression garments are designed to increase the amount of oxygen that they receive, according to a publication by Research Gate. Compression are designed to promote blood flow and improve oxygenation of muscle tissue, which can enhance athletic performance during short bouts of exercise.
Other Benefits of compression sportswear:
- Keeping the muscles warm to prevent muscle strain.
- Wicking sweat away from the body to prevent chafing and rashes.
- Helping relieve pain from muscle stiffness and soreness.
- Wrestlers wear compressing, elastic clothing.
- Reducing the time taken for muscles to repair themselves.
- When the right amount of compression is used (will vary depending on body area, typically in the range of 10 to 25 mmHg), improving venous return and oxygenation to working muscles.
- Stabilizing joints.